In the last month, several of the largest banks in the U.S. along with a handful of regional banks have failed. The average credit card interest rate is at 22% and mortgage rates are at 6%. Inflation remains high and talks of recession still linger; but the job market remains strong and life for the most part unchanged. Are we headed for financial disaster or is everything cruising along just fine?
Join Syd for Season 4 Episode 6 How to Survive Inflation, Recession and Bank Runs as she sits down with financial advisor, Kevin Matthews for an informative conversation on what’s happening in the economy and how to protect your financial interests against an uncertain economic future.
Kevin Matthews is a best-selling author, award-winning influencer, former Top 100 financial advisor (as named by Investopedia) and founder of Building Bread, a financial education consultancy designed to educate and advise both organizations and individuals on the basics of financial literacy, investing and retirement planning.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE
- The current state of the economy
- The definition of recession
- The definition of inflation
- The impact of the fed raising interest rates
- The SVB bank run
- How to protect yourself from bank runs, inflation and recession
Want to connect with Kevin?
- Visit her website: https://www.buildingbread.com/
- Follow her on Instagram: www.instagram.com/buildingbread
- Buy Kevin’s book: https://www.amazon.com/Starting-Point-Create-Wealth-Lasts/dp/0692236104
Tune in to the Sugar Free Podcast everywhere podcasts are available:
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/…/the-sugar…/id1573862487
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/…/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3VnYXJmc…
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0G7127VhGnhnD36X0t72gm
- Amazon/Audible: https://music.amazon.com/…/ebc55…/THE-SUGAR-FREE-PODCAST
Shop with The Sugar Free Podcast advertisers:
The Lip Bar – Want lipsticks that pop on EVERY shade of black and brown? Enjoy 10% off at The Lip Bar when you click this link https://thelipbar.com/pages/_go_?ref=4474:355417&discount=SugarFree&utm_source=Affiliates&utm_medium=Homepage or use code SugarFree at checkout.
Formally Forms– Need contract templates and forms for your business? Visit www.formallyforms.com for easy-to-use contract templates and forms for your business. Use code: SUGAR to receive 20% off your next purchase
Building Bread—Want to start investing in the stock market? Purchase the Investor’s Toolkit by clicking this link: https://buildingbread.thinkific.com/courses/the-investor-s-toolkit?ref=85305c AND this link will also get you 25% off your purchase.
Sydnee Mack (Host)
Get This Episode
How to Improve Your Style for Summer 2023 feat. Jasmene Bowdry
https://www.jasmenebowdry.com/styling-services SHOW DESCRIPTION Summer is here and it’s time to...
How to Navigate Modern Spirituality in the Church
SHOW DESCRIPTION When is the last time you prayed? About 32% of U.S. adults said they seldom or...
Trust But Verify: How to Do Your Due Diligence When Dating
SHOW DESCRIPTION If you’re dating in 2023, chances are you are leveraging the internet or some...